Group Live Training Course
This 2-day Sustainability Management in Industry Training Course explores the understanding of sustainability and sustainable development with a focus towards the energy industry. The course covers sustainability issues, global trends, agreements, frameworks and how these relate to businesses. This then leads into specific topics and related actions which industry can take to become more sustainable.
The content of this course is based on the latest developments in the area of sustainability coupled with practical approaches for businesses to take action. The course is interactive and allows participants to fully engage with the material and leave with ideas to take back to the places of work.
This course is delivered in 8 modules some of which are followed by case studies where delegates are allowed to collaborate and implement the course teachings with guidance from our leading industry experts.
- An Introduction to Sustainability and the concept of sustainable development including an explanation of the current global sustainability issues and the relevant global actions.
- A description of the current status of the world’s dependence on energy, the share of fossil fuels and The World's Energy Transition in the energy industry from hydrocarbons to alternatives.
- A description of the global initiatives, agreements, Frameworks and Standards relating to sustainable development, climate change and environmental and energy management.
- An explanation of the process and techniques that are used to perform an Environmental Impact Assessment and study the social impacts of upcoming projects.
- An overview of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and a thorough explanation of the steps involved in establishing an effective EMS following industry standards.
- An explanation of energy efficiency and the procedures that are followed in Optimising Energy Processes, the benefits of such processes and their respective audits and assessments.
- A stepwise approach that is taken for Methane Emissions Detection and Reduction with a focus on the Oil & Gas and power generation industries.
- A detailed analysis for Operationalising Sustainability and building it into strategy, policies and management systems.
- Analyse the crucial components of a functioning Sustainability Management System
- Review major incidents and target learning to real-life scenarios
- Learn key environmental threats and how to identify and mitigate them
- Implement core sustainability management services
- Understand the latest sustainability management methods
- Complete a series of case studies and gain hands on experience
- Network with a variety of influential personnel
The course is intended for Managers, Engineers, Inspectors and Technicians in the fields of:
- Integrity & Inspection
- Process & Operations
Industries, such as:
- Oil & Gas
- Petrochemical & Chemical
- Power Generation
- Registration will only be confirmed once payment is received in full and notification is received back from AIE.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to ensure that they have an adequate internet connection as well as audio and microphone facilities.
- Payments are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. However, substitute delegates are permitted at any time by providing advance notice to AIE.
- In the event that AIE postpones the course and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund of monies will be provided.
- AIE shall assume no liability in the event of this conference being cancelled due to any unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.