Group Live Training Course
- An Introduction to Corrosion and electrochemistry, explaining factors affecting corrosion and the importance of understanding its impact on safety, environment and economy.
- An overview of different Types of Corrosion and Degradation Threats, their mechanisms, detection and prevention techniques.
- A detailed explanation of different Corrosion Threats and their respective susceptible systems.
- An analysis of Environmental Cracking and Erosion threats and their susceptible systems.
- A thorough description of the methodology, strategy and steps of Material Selection in the industry, including an overview of codes & standards, corrosion rate modelling etc.
- A description of different Corrosion Control methods to mitigate internal and external corrosion (cathodic protection, pigging, corrosion inhibitors etc.).
- An explanation of the importance of Corrosion Monitoring, as well as its different methods and guidelines.
- A provision of the knowledge required to test, operate and maintain Cathodic Protection. systems, including an overview of CP standards, system components and design considerations.
- An overview of the Corrosion Management System Elements required for optimized corrosion management including strategy, risk assessments, data analysis and reporting, corrosion control, audits etc.
- A description of the methodology to perform a successful Corrosion Risk Assessment and RBI, including an explanation for the RBI software and its benefits.
- An explanation for how to establish an Operational Corrosion Management system, highlighting recommended practices and operational requirements.
- Analyze the crucial components of a functioning corrosion management system
- Review major incidents and target learning to real-life scenarios
- Learn key corrosion threats and how to identify and mitigate them
- Implement core corrosion management services
- Understand the latest corrosion monitoring and control methods
- Complete a series of case studies and gain hands on experience
- Network with a variety of influential personnel
The topics of the training course are illustrated via practical case studies at the end of each module that serve as a self assessment for the delegates. The case studies are analysed and solved in a discussion-based environment.
Who should attend
The course is intended for Managers, Engineers, Inspectors and Technicians in the fields of:
- Laboratory Services
- Integrity & Inspection
- Process & Operations
Industries, such as:
- Oil & Gas
- Petrochemical & Chemical
- Power Generation
Terms and Conditions
- Registration will only be confirmed once payment is received in full and notification is received back from AIE.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to ensure that they have an adequate internet connection as well as audio and microphone facilities.
- Payments are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. However, substitute delegates are permitted at any time by providing advance notice to AIE.
- In the event that AIE postpones the course and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund of monies will be provided.
- AIE shall assume no liability in the event of this conference being cancelled due to any unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.