Do you know who we are?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Senior Symfony developer with native Android mobile application development experience to join our team.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
We are looking for a motivated and talented software engineer who can:
- Has the knowledge and experience to create AI models that can extract and analyse features from images or AutoCAD drawings of engineering diagrams (not structured or tabular).
- The candidate must know how to create AI model algorithms as well as the implementation of it.
- We have various PDFs of isometric drawings that have features (objects or symbols) which have feature IDs annotated on them. We require an AI solution that can scan through isometric PDF drawings and identify features (by recognizing images) and the associated text IDs. Ultimately, the data and AI solution will need to be integrated with our PHP-MySQL based software hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands project’s scope requirements and objectives with client.
- Capable of communicating with non-technical peers and colleagues
- Analyses project requirements by preparing a work breakdown structure and flow chart diagram
- Capability of converting pseudo codes into software program
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests on different platforms; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation by troubleshooting software malfunctions; evaluating new technologies and techniques
- Contributes to and assists team operation by accomplishing results and communicating obstacles.
- Implement and analyse features and requirements.
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable, reusable code using best engineering practices (unit testing, source control, design patterns, etc.).
- Optimizing an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide technical solutions which save coding time.
- Has worked with multi-disciplinary teams.
- The ability to propose, listen and accept constructive feedback.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Solid experience (3+ years) in developing AI solutions for image processing, deep learning and/ or machine learning (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission).
- Experience in extracting information from Oil and Gas Engineering diagrams called Isometrics, PIDs, reports
- Experience with data extraction, image recognition from PDF, AUTOCAD as well as scanned PDF files.
- Training model(s) for high accuracy
- Development of user interface for human confirmation
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
Good to have:
- Knowledge of native Android mobile application development. Experience with offline datasets and data synchronization with server once internet is available. Ability to develop high performance mobile applications in native formats. (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission)
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence models to extract data and images from PDF/Auto Cad files
- Good knowledge in Grunt, bower and npm tools for generating processed stylesheet
- Experience with user experience design and design patterns
- Experience in continuous Integration system like Jenkins
- Experience with Node.js
Examples of our software can be found here
Job location will be Bangalore, but candidate maybe required to travel, as and when required, as some parts of the project may be delivered in co-location with the software team at UAE.
If you would like to join our team to develop software that is used to manage risks and protect lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas, please apply online.