Do you know who we are?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Symfony PHP Engineer to join our team.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
We are looking for a motivated and talented software engineer who can:
- Implement and analyse features and requirements.
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable, reusable code using best engineering practices (unit testing, source control, design patterns, etc.).
- Optimizing an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide technical solutions which save coding time.
- Has worked with multi-disciplinary teams.
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands project’s scope requirements and objectives with client.
- Capable of communicating with non-technical peers and colleagues
- Analyses project requirements by preparing a work breakdown structure and flow chart diagram
- Capability of converting Pseudo codes into software program
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation by troubleshooting software malfunctions; evaluating new technologies and techniques
- Contributes to and assists team operation by accomplishing results and communicating obstacles.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of recent work experience in PHP (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission).
- 4+ years of recent work experience in Symfony framework (Version 2, 3+) and Doctrine ORM (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission).
- 5+ years of experience in Android and IOS mobile application development is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud servers
- Excellent technical communication, analysis, and problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of data structures, OOP, algorithms and modern programming frameworks
- Experience with Linux Operating systems like Debian, redhat etc
- Experience with Version control systems like github or bitbucket is a plus
- Experience with editor tools like sublime, PHP storm and VIM is a plus
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
Good to have:
- Experience with Vagrant setup for local or host servers
- Good knowledge in Grunt, bower and npm tools for generating processed stylesheet
- Experience with deployment of Linux based proprietary software on physical servers
- Experience with integration projects and development of APIs
Examples of our software can be found here
AIE, SAIF Zone, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
If you would like to join our team to develop software that saves lives, business and environment in the Oil & Gas Industry, please apply online