AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Senior Symfony PHP Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a talented software engineer who can:
- Implement and analyse features and requirements.
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable, reusable code using best engineering practices (unit testing, source control, design patterns, etc.).
- Optimizing an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide technical solutions which save coding time.
- Has worked and managed with multi-disciplinary teams.
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands project’s scope requirements and objectives with client.
- Capable of communicating with non-technical peers and colleagues
- Analyses project requirements by preparing a work breakdown structure and flow chart diagram
- Capability of converting Pseudo codes into software program
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Prepares reference manual for users by writing operating help instructions
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation by troubleshooting software malfunctions; evaluating new technologies and techniques
- Contributes to and assists team operation by accomplishing results and communicating obstacles.
- Manages a team of software engineers
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of recent work experience in PHP (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission.
- 6+ years of recent work experience in Symfony framework (Version 2, 3+) and Doctrine ORM (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission.
- Excellent technical communication, analysis, and problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of data structures, OOP, algorithms and modern programming frameworks
- Experience with PHP using Symfony framework (Version 2,3+) and doctrine ORM
- Good knowledge in Grunt, bower and npm tools for generating processed stylesheet
- Experiment with Vagrant setup for local or host servers
- Experience with Version control systems like github or bitbucket
- Experience with Linux Operating systems like Debian, redhat etc
- Experience in continuous Integration system like jenkins
- Experience with Amazon or cloud based servers
- Experience with editor tools like sublime, PHP storm and VIM
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently & with a lot of motivation
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
Examples of our software can be found here
AIE Headquarters, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
If interested, please apply online