Major structural failures can lead to multiple fatalities and devastating asset losses. Structural failures are typically caused by a variety of key threats including:
- Inappropriate design
- Material degradation caused by corrosion or erosion
- Inappropriate operating conditions
- Collision or structural impacts
- Meteorological conditions
- Accidental or rare events
To properly manage structural integrity and ensure that assets are designed, constructed, maintained, operated and decommissioned in a safe and responsible manner, all aspects of structural integrity management need to be covered. These include the inspection of onshore structures, jacket structures, topside structures and fabric maintenance, and subsea structures in both green-field and brown-field installations.
In supporting clients in the provision of a robust structural integrity management system we cover a range of areas:
- Third-party design verification
- Technical authority provision
- In-service inspection, maintenance, and repair
- Anomaly and failure management and monitoring
- Management of change assessment
- Structural integrity assessments and risk assessments
- Remaining life demonstration and asset life extension
- Digital and software provision
Our structural integrity team prepare and deliver topsides and subsea risk-based inspection workscopes on a daily basis. All workscopes meet client requirements and follow our integrity framework and inspection testing procedures, which are compliant with the best industry practices such as the API RP 2SIM recommended practice.
AIE’s structural integrity team’s offer a variety of detailed failure analysis techniques using market-leading software solutions to support daily operations, to analyze defects or to demonstrate structural integrity for both offshore and onshore structures. We are experts in aged assets and life extension assessments.