Do you know who we are?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Senior Symfony developer with native Android mobile application development experience to join our team.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
We are looking for a motivated and talented software engineer who can:
- Implement and analyse features and requirements.
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable, reusable code using best engineering practices (unit testing, source control, design patterns, etc.).
- Optimizing an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide technical solutions which save coding time.
- Has worked with multi-disciplinary teams.
- The ability to propose, listen and accept constructive feedback.
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands project’s scope requirements and objectives with client.
- Capable of communicating with non-technical peers and colleagues
- Analyses project requirements by preparing a work breakdown structure and flow chart diagram
- Capability of converting pseudo codes into software program
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests on different platforms and browsers; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation by troubleshooting software malfunctions; evaluating new technologies and techniques
- Contributes to and assists team operation by accomplishing results and communicating obstacles.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Solid experience (4+ years) in developing and distributing Android native apps with Kotlin/Java. Ability to develop high performance mobile applications in native formats. (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission). Experience with offline datasets and data synchronization with server once internet is available. Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Experience with encryption, cryptography standards and securing Android app
- Knowledge of common design patterns, frameworks and libraries related to mobile development. Experience with integration of payment gateways
- Unit testing, automated UI testing of mobile applications
- Native user interface development for all sizes of screens, using platform components and custom views. Strong UX/UI design skills and the care to develop world-class user interfaces
- Stay up-to-date with latest Android SDK trends to ensure that the latest mobile devices are supported
- Experience publishing mobile applications via enterprise channels or public application stores
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data (e.g., J SON, XML) over various protocols and transfer types (e.g., REST, SOAP)
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
Good to have:
- Experience with web UI design
- Experience with User Experience design
- Experience and working knowledge of cloud services, or mobile backed-as-a-service is an asset.
- Experience with integration projects and development of APIs
- Experience with iOS native development
- Experience with PHP and/or PHP frameworks like Symfony/ Laravel along with Doctrine ORM (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission).
- Experience with Python, machine learning to extract information from PDF/Auto Cad files
- Experience in continuous Integration system like Jenkins
Examples of our software can be found here
Job location will be Bangalore, but candidate maybe required to travel, as and when required, as some parts of the project may be delivered in co-location with the software team at UAE.
If you would like to join our team to develop software that is used to manage risks and protect lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas, please apply online.