An introduction to methane emission sources and detection methods. It provides an explanation of a stepwise approach that is taken to reduce methane emissions with a focus on the Oil and Gas, Power Generation and Mining industries.
- Understand the impacts of methane emissions on the environment
- Develop a thorough understanding of the core sources of methane emissions in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Learn about the detection of emissions and leaks
- Quantify and estimate emissions
- Identify opportunities for the reduction of methane emissions
The training module includes case studies and exercises to reinforce learning.
The delegates will learn about the effects methane has on the environment and its impacts, the commitment Oil and Gas companies have taken to tackle methane emissions, the core sources of methane emissions in the Oil and Gas companies and the strategies used to mitigate methane emissions and leaks.