This module provides a detailed insight of a selected group of common corrosion and degradation mechanisms found throughout industry along with their respective prevention methods and detection techniques.
- Understand and learn about uniform corrosion
- Understand and define pitting corrosion
- Be able to identify crevice corrosion
- Describe galvanic corrosion
- Learn about flow-induced corrosion
- Understand the fundamentals of intergranular corrosion
- Describe fatigue cracking
- Identify creep as a corrosion mechanism
The training module is followed by an interactive case study to reinforce learning.
Delegates will understand and be able to identify degradation and damage mechanisms that they experience in their assets and the mitigation measures required to control them.