This module presents an overview of the basic principles of corrosion and introduces electrochemistry as a tool to understand corrosion fundamentals. It highlights the importance of understanding corrosion and corrosion management.
- Understand the fundamentals of corrosion
- Understand the importance of studying corrosion in the industry
- Learn about the safety, environment, and economic impacts that corrosion can yield
- Explain corrosion principles and understand electrochemistry
- Define the factors that affect corrosion
The training module is followed by an interactive case study to reinforce learning.
The delegates will learn the principles of corrosion and how it can affect the industry in terms of safety, environment, and economic impact. They will acquire the knowledge to identify different elements affecting corrosion and understand the fundamentals of electrochemistry.