Be a part of the AIE family to develop software that protects lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer, to join our team.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- To be responsible for the quality of development and deployment for our software products such as our web application suite, mobile application, AI modules, WordPress website and others, while working in an agile environment. To ensure a high product quality and end-user satisfaction.
- Opportunity to work on new and exciting projects and develop your career.
- To be involved in scope discussions and understand the intricacies of the scope in order to design test plans and scenarios.
- To execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression) manually
- To setup automation testing for the product and to keep automated test cases updated to ensure currency.
- To detect and track software defects and inconsistencies with easy-to-reproduce issue descriptions and accompanying screenshots.
- To specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- To conduct software compatibility tests with browsers, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Maintain database of known test defects.
- To collaborate closely with other team members and departments to troubleshoot issues
- To contribute to and assist team operation by accomplishing results on time and communicating obstacles.
- To be committed to continuous improvement and to propose & accept constructive feedback
- To maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- To thrive as part of a multi-cultural, dynamic and agile AIE family
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or Diploma in software QA
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Tester
- Experience using web based and mobile testing frameworks (ex: Selenium WebDriver, Apium)
- Experience with Version control systems like bitbucket and JIRA
- Sense of ownership for the product, pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good time-management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
GOOD TO HAVE
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Experience with Penetration Testing/ Vulnerability Testing
- Experience in the Oil & Gas/Mining/Petrochemical/Nuclear industry
Examples of our software can be found here.
Job location is at the AIE office in Sharjah.