SUMMARY OF ROLE
Responsible for performing consultancy and engineering services relating to pipeline integrity and design.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Review and assessment of maintenance plans, ILI, CP reviews, coating surveys, pipeline protections at road and wadi crossings, uprating and/or derating, etc.
- Complete detailed pipeline risk assessments.
- Complete pipeline emergency repair systems.
- Analyze ILI data, perform necessary verification and demonstrate accuracy and limitations of intelligent pigging.
- Perform anomaly assessment for ILI results in accordance to industry standards and determine pipeline fitness for service and necessary upgrades accordingly.
- Perform annual integrity reviews on critical pipelines so that to assess effectiveness of controls and identify threats. This shall include reviewing and analyzing of inspection & survey data, corrosion data, operation & maintenance data.
- Perform integrity assessment for non-piggable pipelines in accordance to approved direct assessment methodology and demonstrate integrity (fitness for service) accordingly.
- Develop integrity mitigation plans, monitor effectiveness and identify improvements.
- Develop specific restoration and replacement plans.
- Work with corrosion engineer to identify degradations mechanisms, threats, mitigation programs and effectiveness.
- Carry out and/or approve pipeline derating and uprating – assessment, methodology, calculations.
- Pipeline Design verification.
- Perform pipeline crossing assessment and provide approvals or necessary assessments.
- Perform pipeline Risk Based Assessment, FMEA and QRAs. Initiate/perform studies, review/approve results and assess outcomes.
- Pipeline anomaly assessments and repairs.
- New technology and work processes for pipeline integrity management.
- Support development of young integrity engineers as applicable.
- Support improvements to integrity work processes and promote best practices.
- Custodian for Pipeline Integrity Management software.
- Develop pipeline integrity performance indicators and business plan.
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B-Eng. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree (Metallurgy, Chemical, Civil, Corrosion).
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in oil & gas industry.
- Minimum 5 years in Pipeline Integrity Management including ILI assessment.
- Advance skills in integrity assessment and fitness for service analysis as well as acceptance criterion for corrosion and non-corrosion anomalies.
- Advance knowledge on inspection techniques and limitations.
- Good technical knowledge on materials and degradation mechanisms as well as control & mitigation measures.
- Skills in integrity restoration – requirement and techniques.
- Expert knowledge on international standards; eg ASME31.8, ASME31.8s, API-579, DNV RPF-101, API 1163, NACE 102, POF, etc).
- Excellent technical English skills – writing and speaking.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS XLS and other windows applications.
- Assertive individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
If you would like to join our AIE team to manage risks and protect lives, business and the environment in industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas. CLICK HERE TO APPLY