Be a part of the AIE family to develop software that protects lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time Principal Fitness For Service Engineer who will be responsible for leading all consultancy and engineering services relating to fitness for service and design of static mechanical equipment.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Principal Maintenance and Reliability Engineer will be responsible for developing maintenance strategies through facilitation of ‘Risk Based’ Maintenance Strategy Development Techniques, including Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA). They will also provide a consultancy service to AIE’s customers to cover a variety of Maintenance Improvement and Optimisation Studies. In addition to technical duties, the Principal Engineer will also be responsible for conducting business development activities for our existing and prospective customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage and develop the maintenance strategy analysis (FMECA, RCM, criticality, etc.)
- Provide expertise and consultancy to AIE’s discipline engineers and AIE’s customers.
- Facilitate RCM Analysis and FMECA study.
- Development of Planned Maintenance Routines with optimised scheduling.
- Develop condition monitoring tasks required in the Planned Maintenance Routines.
- Construction of planned maintenance system.
- Attendance at regular client meetings.
- Performing data handling and IT skills.
- Ability to build all technical data required to complete an asset register, maintenance strategy, maintenance programme and operations reporting for any CMMS.
- Understanding of maintenance management systems.
- Ability to develop and implement changes in equipment maintenance strategies to improve levels of equipment performance at minimum expenditure of resource which includes:
- Training of personnel in the systems, methods and techniques required
- Facilitator role in the development and implementation of the change process
- Optimising the existing preventive maintenance scheduling
- Identify plant modifications to reflect the changes in operating context
- Assuring technical integrity by setting inspection frequencies based on probable and consequential risk
- Providing project management and administration Managing time, budgets, and deliverables.
- Contributing to business development Coaching and mentoring Training others in Reliability methods for client in-house training and public seminars for Asset Strategy Management.
- Provide technical expertise on all matters of reliability engineering, assessment and monitoring for all process equipment (including mechanical, electrical and instrument / control equipment)
- Carry out reliability studies on existing equipment and recommend needed improvements to Operations management in the areas of equipment philosophies, equipment strategies, equipment improvements and best practices for asset productivity.
- Implement identified reliability improvement projects and other assigned equipment/site improvement projects from conception through start-up while following and completing site Management of Change procedures.
- Support capital projects by participating in setting equipment “fitness for use” criteria and specifications to optimize equipment/system reliability and life cycle cost. Also lead activities/provide technical support for QA/QC, installation, and start-up of all new critical equipment.
- Lead incident investigations and perform root cause failure analysis for incidents with a suspected Mechanical Integrity/Quality Assurance cause.
- Develop/create inspection plans for site equipment and setting up maintenance plans in SAP.
- Develop and track site MIQA/Reliability metrics as required by corporate mandates and additional metrics appropriate for the site, while developing and completing corrective actions for metric performance improvement. Present metrics to site staff periodically.
- Oversee/interact with maintenance contractors regarding maintenance repairs, repair plans, equipment installation, quality assurance requirements, etc…
- Assist operations with equipment troubleshooting.
- Supporting the facilities Strategic Business Objectives.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of equipment and system reliability by applying the appropriate Reliability Centered Maintenance Strategies, measured by MTBF, OEE & Mechanical Availability.
- Maintain budget performance by reducing maintenance costs of frequent failure mechanisms, to be measured by project ROI and budget compliance.
- Establish, manage and evaluate the effectiveness of various proactive maintenance programs; CUI, Vibration analysis, MI Inspection, etc… Effectiveness to be measured through various Key Performance Indicators.
- This role is empowered with Project Management responsibilities, in order to support the execution of reliability focused capital projects. This includes a disciplined approach to managing the lifecycle of a project from Initiation to Closure.
- Build and nurture relationships between Operations and M&R.
- Provide technical assistance to the maintenance supervisors in the repair and improvement of all process equipment.
- Develop and improve maintenance procedures for repair of equipment.
- Perform equipment failure analysis to prevent reoccurrence.
- Have Master’s Degree in Engineering Discipline or 15 years of Maintenance and/or Reliability experience.
- Industry Accreditation, such as Chartered Engineer from a recognised Engineering Institution, from example IMechE or IAM.
- Have experience in the application of reliability methods and techniques gained within relevant industry.
- Have experience in data analysis including extraction from various data sources and the ability to summarize data into conclusions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, or relevant experience/knowledge of process plant operations is desirable.
- A good understanding and experience working on specification of equipment such as pumps, valves, steam traps etc.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines and industries.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports.
- Knowledge of related standards/regulatory requirements.
- Versatile and flexible team player with good verbal and written communication skills. Good command of English language.
Job location is at the AIE office in Sharjah.