Be a part of the AIE family to develop software that protects lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time Principal Fitness For Service Engineer who will be responsible for leading all consultancy and engineering services relating to fitness for service and design of static mechanical equipment.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide fixed equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks) and piping technical support.
- Support the site technical resources as needed to solve complex fixed equipment problems.
- Perform Fitness for Service analysis / calculations for pressurized equipment and document results.
- Provide design verification services to applicable standards and codes.
- Provide support (as needed) for implementation of a fixed equipment and piping inspection and mechanical integrity program across multiple sites based on risk based inspection (RBI) practices.
- Actively engage with proactive site reliability improvement efforts.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and develop junior engineers.
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Systems
- Custodian for company Fitness for service software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B-Eng. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years in static equipment fitness for service assessment and design.
- Competent to API 579 level 1,2 and 3.
- Understanding of fracture mechanics.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and industry recognition in FFS discipline.
- Expert understanding of mechanical repairs to Pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, piping, valves, pressure relief devices.
- Expert understanding of welding.
- Expert understanding with relevant codes including ASME Sect VIII, PD 5500, API 510, 570, 653, 579 (FFS).
- Knowledge on inspection techniques and limitations.
- Excellent technical English skills – writing and speaking.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS XLS and other windows applications.
Job location is at the AIE office in Sharjah.