Be a part of the AIE family to develop software that protects lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Responsible for all consultancy and engineering services relating to corrosion management and materials integrity.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Corrosion and materials technical authority.
- Design, manage, or implement (as applicable) corrosion control strategies covering corrosion monitoring and inspection activities, including preparation and delivery of annual and periodic reports, corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trends from surveys.
- Provide authoritative technical assessment and interpretation of corrosion/inspection monitoring data (using databases as apt) and recommend changes in corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring/inspection programs where appropriate.
- Complete detailed corrosion and materials studies.
- Provide corrosion expertise to and effectively interact with multi-disciplinary RBI or other process groups.
- Undertake or co-ordinate failure investigations into material and corrosion issues in accordance with prescribed or approved failure investigation procedures.
- Participate in and provide input to the regular review of corrosion management information such as Corrosion Control Matrices and Key Performance Indicators.
- Set up and chair corrosion and integrity management review meetings and coordinate actions arising.
- Provide technical leadership and authority in designated corrosion engineering disciplines.
- Assist with any other appropriate duties and responsibilities as and when required, also undertake specific projects as may be instructed by management from time to time.
- Participate in external professional activities including conference and committee work where it is consistent with the development and delivery of the business objectives.
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Systems.
- Perform all assigned tasks to the highest professional standards with due professional diligence and care in total conformance with the Integrated Management Systems and business values, ethical and moral standards of the company.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree qualified in a recognized engineering or science related discipline, preferably holding and maintaining UK chartered status and corporate membership of at least one relevant learned institution.
- Minimum 15 years’ successful corrosion practitioner experience in the oil and gas or related industries with sound knowledge of relevant plant, process or production chemistry, and structural and process materials properties.
- Must be able to demonstrate up–to-date knowledge of and be able to use applicable national and international standards in the corrosion or related fields.
- Must possess proven and successful experience in delivery of high quality oral and written communications.