Be a part of the AIE family to develop software that protects lives, business and the environment in Industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented PHP developer, preferably with Symfony/Laravel/Zend framework experience, to join our team. Visit our website to know more.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- To provide technical solutions which save coding time
- To focus on great UI/UX and good engineering
- To make the most of the Android platform
- To stay up-to-date with new technologies and trends and to evaluate new technologies and techniques for required features
- To shape the product
- To create and maintain industry-leading, cutting-edge applications that are used daily and make lives easier in the Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Mining, Power and Petrochemical industries across the globe
- To gather product requirements, maintain product backlog
- To ensure a high product quality and end-user satisfaction by writing high-quality, clean, maintainable, reusable code (unit testing, source control, design patterns, etc.).
- To ensure high performance while building and maintaining code
- To perform impact analysis
- To perform integrations between android applications and other software
- To contribute to and assist team operation by accomplishing results on time and communicating obstacles.
- To maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- To be open to learning and have the opportunity to work with web technologies, APIs, design and others
- To become a pro at developing and maintaining automation test cases for the application
- To be committed to continuous improvement and to propose & accept constructive feedback
- Kotlin and a bit of Java
- MVVM architecture and clean architecture
- All the latest goodies like Retrofit, Jetpack components, Firebase
- ROOM database
- XML, HTML5
- Apium for automation testing
- JIRA for agile sprints
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of recent work experience in mobile development on Android. Ability to develop high performance mobile applications in native formats. (explanation of relevant jobs with links to finished work to be provided with profile submission).
- Experience with developing offline mobile apps dealing with local datasets using ROOM database and synchronization with server once internet is available.
- In-depth understanding of data structures, OOP, algorithms and modern programming frameworks
- Experience with Version control systems like bitbucket and editors like Android Studio
- Experience with Automation Testing
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent technical communication, analysis, and problem solving skills. Strong attention to details
- Experience with integration projects
- Experience with user experience design and design patterns
- Strong Debugging Skills and identifying problems
- Familiar with building custom views and components
GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience with PHP, MySQL and API development
- Experience with UX/UI wireframing
Examples of our software can be found here.
Job location is at the AIE office in Sharjah.