If you would like to join our AIE team to manage risks and protect lives, business and the environment in industries such as power, mining, nuclear and Oil & Gas.
DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?
AIE is a leading asset integrity service provider which operates across the MENA region and South East Asia, servicing key clients in countries such as the UAE, Oman, Algeria, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Myanmar. We are looking to recruit a full-time, talented Lead Integrity Engineer, to join our team.
Choosing a career with AIE is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in a forward-thinking company which delivers the highest standards of engineering. We recruit and develop the most talented individuals because, as a growing company, we’re only as good as our team. Therefore, our primary goal is to employ motivated professionals whose skills can be developed in order to add to the future success of the company and the development of the industry that we serve.
Within our company, staff remain part of a healthy working environment which values and respects human rights, regardless of cultural background. AIE prides itself on upholding this philosophy and as a result, the professional competency and skills of our staff are highly regarded in the industry.
Join our team to become a part of an ever-growing dedicated company which operates across a range of industries and regions around the world.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Lead Integrity Engineer will be responsible for update, assessment and analysis of inspection and integrity management activities. The Lead Integrity Engineer will report directly to Integrity Team Leader and will be responsible for technically reviewing and aligning the inspection activities of the team.
This job would require the candidate to relocate from the UK to the United Arab Emirates.
Visa fees and the flight ticket cost will be covered for the relocating individual.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the review, assessment and update of integrity management and inspection data for pressure systems, pipelines and structures and the development of project strategy documentation, risk assessments and Written Schemes of Examination.
- Provide effective technical advice to the inspection team, ensuring threats are evaluated, procedures are followed, and work is completed in accordance with the company’s technical procedures.
- Liaise and manage subcontractor’s day-to-day activities.
- Ensure that any actions arising from inspection activates are fully reported and communicated with the Integrity Team Leader and Client.
- Perform effective review of inspection data, results trending and remnant life assessments, perform fitness-for-service assessments and provide recommendations for repair and replacement methodologies.
- Carry out root cause analysis and failure investigation on systems and equipment whenever required.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the Integrity Team Leader and Client as required, informing the Client of anomalies and recommend actions to be taken.
- Ensure project activities are performed in accordance with accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards and that project activities are performed in accordance with the health, safety and environmental policy.
- Audit the inspection team on compliance to international standards and procedures.
- Act as focal point for corrosion management expertise and ensure that relevant reports and data are reviewed and communicated accordingly.
- Coordinate and participate in periodic plant and equipment history reviews in order to maximize plant availability.
- Assist the Integrity Team Leader in budget preparation, annual revenue forecasts and monthly updates.
- Coordinate and action results from associated failure investigations / significant anomalies.
- Ensure the effective application of new techniques, technologies and use of specialist NDT contractor to limit intrusive inspection so to maximize inspection intervals.
- Ensure onsite work activities are performed in accordance with the health, safety and environmental policy, company SHE&Q manual and asset specific control of work procedures and practices.
- Provide cover for the Integrity Team Leader during leaves of absence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A relevant engineering degree preferably in Corrosion Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgy.
- Currently in the UK and willing to permanently relocate to the United Arab Emirates. The candidate will be based permantilty in Dubai.
- Minimum 10 years of specific experience in Integrity Management, Risk Based Inspection and /In-Service Inspection (excluding purely NDT).
- Experience and knowledge of integrity management software systems such as Credo, RBMI, ACET, etc is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of NDT techniques and in-service application of NDT.
- Through understanding of defect assessment techniques in accordance with relevant codes / standards and API 579.
- Thorough knowledge of pressure vessel and pipe work design and inspection codes of practice.
- Knowledge of related standards / regulatory requirements.
- Plant inspection or API certification, with associated experience.
- Versatile and flexible team player with good verbal and written communication skills. Good command of English language.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent