- Have a minimum experience of fifteen (15) years.
- Be IWCF qualified.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as offshore Drilling Supervisor working on drilling rigs supervising drilling and well services operations.
Assist the Abandonment Team by:
- Reports to the Drilling Superintendent. Represents the company at the well site, in dealing with and overseeing the daily operations of the drilling contractor engaged in drilling and completion of a well.
- Ensures adequate control and supervision of operations is achieved.
- Keep an inventory of rental material on the rig and send a daily update to the Ops Engineer.
- Prepare end of well material reconciliation and all associated documentation for all wells in a timely manner.
- Supervises the logistics coordinator to ensure that equipment is being inventoried properly and the paper work required is prepared accurately.
- Is responsible for the preparation of site specific HSE requirements in liaison with Drilling Contractor HSE rep
- Ensures that all work is done efficiently, safely, and in accordance with approved Drilling Manual, established company practices and procedures, applicable laws and government rules and regulations.
- Issues instructions to service companies for work required and monitors the operations to ensure compliance.
- Monitors the rig activity and plans for the timely arrival of personnel, materials, equipment and services at the rig.
- Issues instructions in emergency situations. Conducts emergency drills, BOP drills, etc. as often as deemed necessary, at least once per week.
- In conjunction with the Drilling Superintendent, plans for the timely arrival of required personnel, materials, equipment and services at the wellsite. Prepares material requisitions for items as required.
- Personally inspects all tools for size and pressure rating on arrival at the rig site. Assures that the proper tools and back-ups, if required, are available on location and ready for use. Ensures that every piece of equipment that enters the hole is measured and that the drillstring length is accurately known.
- Recommends ways to reduce cost and improve safety. Cost analysis and / or breakeven analysis should be prepared whenever applicable.
- Maintains current cost control records of wellsite expenditures.
- Participates with the Drilling Engineer and Drilling Superintendent in revising / editing the drilling prognosis whenever necessary.
- Ensures that the operations are properly documented on the Tour Report and the Daily Drilling Report. Prepares transfer documents, receiving documents, LOT spreadsheet / graphs, casing and cementing reports, cementing plug reports, casing tallies, BHAs, etc to ensure well records are accurate.
- Responsible for the entire wellsite drilling operations. Senior authority for all personnel on the rig site.
- Personally investigates accidents, incidents and equipment failures that occur on wellsite. Supports Contractor Loss Control/HSE Rep.