Asset Integrity Engineering (AIE) is currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager to be permanently based in AIE’s head office in Sharjah, UAE.
No Agencies Please
Summary of Role:
Looking for a qualified Accountant to be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records for AIE on the existing accounting system. Manage the full sales/cash receipt and purchase/payment cycle and payroll function of AIE and carry out effective credit control on aged receivables. Maintain adequate internal controls to mitigate financial risks to AIE. Provide accurate and meaningful reporting to the management team. Provide business support leadership role.
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting records for AIE are maintained on the existing Tally ERP9 system.
- Manage transaction processing by AIE Office Manager in Tally ERP9. This covers sales invoice preparation/processing and cash receipt processing, supplier invoice and payment processing, payroll processing, and all other general ledger journal voucher entries. Must be prepared to take on a hands-on role, gain an understanding of the day-to-day functionality of Tally ERP9 and assume some transaction processing duties to relieve the accounting work-load of the Office Manager. Responsible for providing a back-up on full Tally ERP9 transaction processing capability for AIE.
- Ensure sales invoice preparation process is complete and accurate invoices are raised for all relevant customer services in accordance with contracts/call off orders/work orders/purchase orders and employee time sheets.
- Manage and assist in supplier/sub-contractor payment cycle to ensure accurate supplier/sub-contractor invoice processing and appropriateness and timing of payments in accordance with sub-contracts/call off orders/work orders/purchase orders and any applicable sub-contractor time sheets.
- Manage the monthly management reporting process and ensure accurate and meaningful monthly reporting to the management.
- Maintain an adequate control environment and maintain suitable internal controls to mitigate financial risks and safeguard AIE assets.
- Manage the annual budget process.
- Manage the monthly and year-end external audit and ensure accuracy and timely filing of externally prepared annual Financial Statements.
- Manage the credit control function on aged receivables to ensure timely cash collections from customers.
- Co-ordinate with local bank and manage the banking relationship. Monitor cash balances and cash flow to ensure adequate, but not unnecessarily high, cash resources are retained in the business.
- Provide accounting and financial support to commercial and technical employees on contract related and other issues as required and take on some commercial contract responsibilities.
- Ensure all transactions comply with UAE Value Added Tax laws and regulations and Quarterly Value Added Tax returns and payments are made within UAE Federal Tax Authority deadlines.
- Provide a business support leadership role.
- Degree qualified accountant with a professional accounting qualification (Chartered status/ACCA/CIMA) and strong technical accounting skills. AIE has a strong and successful track record of employing and developing female employees and applications from suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged.
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience. Experience as Finance or Accounting manager running an accounting department, preferable in an oil and gas services or other manpower based service provision company would be advantageous.
- Good management and financial reporting skills and ability to interpret and explain business operations in terms of financial results and reports.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of small business ERP system, preferably Tally ERP9.
- Knowledge of Value Added Tax in the UAE.
- Good communication skills and a team player wanting to be part of the continued success of a growing professional business.