View the detailed requirements below, and if you meet the criteria, please apply using the following link – ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Asset Integrity Engineering (AIE) is currently looking to recruit an Accountant and Office Administrator to be permanently based in AIE’s head office in Sharjah, UAE.
Summary of Role
The role will report to the Business and Commercial Manager and under his/her supervision and direction will be responsible for input of accounting transactions including journal vouchers, supplier invoices and supplier payments, generation of sales invoices and processing of client cash receipts, processing of monthly payroll, managing bank accounts and reconciliations and maintaining office petty cash. Will perform the credit control function, UAE VAT processing, financial and management reporting, Human Resources (HR) function and dealing with the SAIF Zone authorities. Facilitate the monthly and annual external audits. Act as receptionist for the company and answer incoming calls. Manage the general administration of the office. Perform ad hoc tasks at the direction of the Business and Commercial Manager as and when required. Deputise for the Business and Commercial Manager in his/her absence.
- Record all relevant accounting transactions in the existing Tally ERP9 system. This includes sales invoices and client cash receipts, supplier invoices and supplier payments, other cash and bank transactions, payroll processing and all other general ledger entries.
- Manage bank accounts, bank reconciliations and office petty cash.
- Perform the customer credit control function and ensure timely collection of all amounts owed to the company from monthly billings.
- Assist in co-ordination of monthly staff and consultant time sheet preparation and collection.
- Preparation of sales invoices.
- Filing of quarterly UAE VAT returns.
- Together with the Business and Commercial Manager, prepare the monthly management reporting pack and PowerPoint presentation for the company Director.
- Assist the external auditor in the monthly and annual financial audit.
- Assist the external auditor in preparation of the annual Financial Statements.
- Act as receptionist and monitor and screen all incoming communication for the company, prioritize according to importance and bring to the attention of relevant employees.
- Support the Business and Commercial Manager in various HR related tasks including managing employee contracts, mobilization arrangements and staff communication.
- Interact with the SAIF Zone authorities on various HR and administration related matters.
- Maintain accurate and up to date filing of records in relevant areas both electronically in Drop Box and where applicable in hard copy files.
- Manage general operation and upkeep of the SAIF Zone office.
- Provide general administrative support and undertake ad-hoc assignments on a case by case basis.
- Must have a general understanding of accounting concepts, debits and credits, reconciliations, financial and management reporting and operation of a computerized accounting General Ledger system.
- Hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Experience in working with Tally, preferably Tally ERP9.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar finance/accounting role.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Preferably experienced in Value Added Tax compliance in the UAE.
- Good communication skills and a team player wanting to be part of the continued success of a growing professional business.
- Good work ethic and can do attitude leading to timely delivery on assigned tasks.