In closed drain systems, there are often numerous lines with different flow regimes subject to varying potential failure modes, standard RBI is not always the most effective method for long term integrity management.
To allow a risk-based approach to be implemented, AIE considers the following criteria to identify the lines of significant concern across all closed drain corrosion circuits.
- Data on VeracityRBI and Veracity inspection is analysed using advanced data analytics.
- Data on VeracityAnomaly is reviewed to identify lines with recent failure, repair or replacement history.
- Data on VeracityCCM is reviewed to identify preliminary corrosion issues.
Upon gathering and reviewing all data, the circuits are assessed as follows.
*MIC: Microbial Induced Corrosion
CASE STUDY SUMMARY:
Let’s take a look at an example showing the results generated for the closed drain system in one our clients’ offshore platforms.
From a total of 27 lines in closed drain circuit, it was identified that:
- 13 lines had leaked or had some form of replacement/repair due to corrosion, with 8 lines experiencing multiple repairs due to leaks.
- 12 out of 13 lines had failures/severe metal loss due to internal corrosion and 4 lines had failures/severe metal loss due to external corrosion.
- 14 lines had no history of leaks or repairs/replacements.
Hence, closed drain lines were split into 2 corrosion circuits based on the methodology discussed above. Data analytics was then engaged through VeracityInspection to target key select test positions and avoid future failures.
For the risk assessment of closed drain corrosion circuits, VeracityRBI is used as a platform to analyse the data and identify the corrosion trends. This approach allows inspection to focus on high-risk lines.
VeracityRBI offers an all-in-one solution designed by engineers for engineers to identify and manage risks. This includes identifying additional controls to mitigate risk or utilising the existing controls more effectively in a simple practical process which is both intuitive and efficient. By using advanced analytics, VeracityRBI analyses the various inspection data sets developed through the RBI assessment to identify results which do not comply with the Veracity average for the equipment/piping type under evaluation.
The corrosion circuits selected and defined on VeracityRBI are linked effectively with their counterparts VeracityAnomaly, VeracityCCM and VeracityInspection. This bridges the gap often encountered in data management by enabling the user to study key information such as anomaly history and corrosion compliance on one centralised platform and taking decisions in real time to avoid any plant failure from occurring.
To learn more about our Veracity software, click here.
To request for a free demonstration, click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org