View the detailed requirements below, and if you meet the criteria, please apply using the following link – ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Asset Integrity Engineering (AIE) is currently looking to recruit a Business and Commercial Manager to be permanently based in AIE’s head office in Sharjah, UAE.
Summary of Role
The role will report to the Managing Director and will provide broad based support to the Executive Function (Managing Director) and Team Leaders (Senior Company Management) in the areas of Commercial (including business registration), Legal, Finance and Accounting and Human Resources (HR). The position will be responsible for maintaining adequate internal controls to mitigate financial risks to AIE. The role will also take a leadership role for the company in Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment (QHSE). The commercial areas will include ensuring client and supplier contracts, JV agreements, agency agreements and other contractual documents suitably protect AIE’s interests and minimise any risk to the company. The position will also provide commercial and legal support in Business Development and bidding activity. As AIE expands internationally the role will provide legal support on entry into new jurisdictions helping to determine the best strategy of entry through branches, limited liability companies or other suitable legal entities and provide legal review and input on corporate formation documents such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, Shareholders’ Agreements and Joint Venture Agreements. The Accountant and Office Administrator will report to this position and carryout the day to day Finance and Accounting, HR and Office Administration functions, but the Business and Commercial Manager will need to provide oversight to the Accountant and Office Administrator’s areas of responsibility and provide liaison between these areas and the Managing Director.
- Be the focal point and provide support to the Managing Director and Team Leaders on all Commercial and Legal matters.
- Provide expertise on legal and commercial areas of both client and supplier contracts. Review all new contracts to identify contractual shortcomings and risks to AIE within the contractual arrangement and from the legal contract document.
- Provide commercial and legal support in Business Development and bidding activity.
- Provide legal support and advice on corporate law matters and AIE growth strategies and expansion plans into new jurisdictions, including advice on company/branch formation (including corporate formation documents such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, Shareholders’ Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements etc.).
- Provide leadership to and manage the Accountant and Office Administrator position to ensure complete and accurate recording of all accounting transaction in the Tally ERP9 system.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are maintained to mitigate financial risks to AIE.
- Together with the Accountant and Office Administrator, prepare the monthly management reporting pack and PowerPoint presentation for the company Director. Ensure that this monthly management reporting accurately describes the performance of AIE in a meaningful way so the Director understand business performance and can make meaningful business decisions based on this reporting.
- Work with the Managing Director to prepare the annual Budget.
- Provide leadership to and manage the Accountant and Office Administrator position in providing a complete Human Resources function to AIE, including managing employee and consultant contracts, mobilization arrangements, staff communication, interaction with the SAIF Zone authorities and provision of support and advice on employment law.
- Provide leadership to and manage the Accountant and Office Administrator position in the general operation and upkeep of the SAIF Zone office.
- Take a leadership role for the company in Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment (QHSE).
- Degree qualified in a relevant financial, commercial or legal discipline from a reputable Western University with strong business, legal and commercial experience. UK Chartered Accountants (ICAEW/ICAS), Western equivalent Professional Accounting Qualifications (i.e. Australia or New Zealand) or a Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India with demonstrable strong business, legal and commercial experience are encouraged to apply, but strong business, legal and commercial experience is a pre-requisite.
- Strong commercial knowledge of contracts, contractual law and contractual legal framework. Ability to identify contractual shortcomings and risks to AIE within a contractual arrangement and from a legal contract document.
- Understanding of Financial and Accounting matters, familiarity with Value Added Tax in the UAE and knowledge of a small business ERP system, preferably Tally ERP9.
- Good management and financial reporting skills and ability to interpret and explain business operations in terms of financial results, legal requirements and reports.
- Good all round legal knowledge and understanding of corporate law and company incorporation (including corporate formation documents such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, Shareholders’ Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements etc.).
- Experience in dealing with senior leadership and supporting business growth strategies.
- Some knowledge of the HR function, employment law and employee and consultancy contracts.
- Experience with Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment (QHSE) is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Good communication skills and a team player wanting to be part of the continued success of a growing professional business.
- Minimum 8 years’ post-graduation/qualification experience covering the majority of areas detailed for the role.
- Preference will be given to someone with hands-on experience in a medium sized agile organisation. This is very much a hands on role and the selected candidate will need to have a high work ethic and be capable of problem solving and independent thinking. The role will include involvement in a wide range of activities to directly support the Managing Director, operational service delivery and the expansion strategy for AIE.